X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breaking News: GPL4U Forum

Hello to all of you with sad news

Servage where we have been for 14 years may be over, I have not been satisfied for the last 5 years.
    Now I have become totally angry with them & said END. We may still have 10 days or more.

Didn't think it was a problem because we have another web site (gpl1967.net - redirect to here) & was sure it came to run again.
    Yes, I got a huge shock with moving database, error...error ...error...ohhh impossible. PHP version here only goes back to 7.4.Right now...I don't know & I'm terribly sad.

GTLDK will also die, a Forum that has been running since 2008, GPL4U from 2015.

We are currently fighting a battle against time to get a new one up, but without a database all members will be lost + Post

If everything goes wrong...Thanks for everything

3 days down...

We are back

...in the brand new GPL4U Forum

We promised & carried on 24/7 (almost) regardless we went all the way down.
    Everything seemed totally hopeless with way too many errors.
    Now the database from our old one is inside a brand new Forum. 3 people have worked almost 24 hours a day.

Errors & deficiencies:
    We are going to bed now, so not much testing done yet.
    The last Post in all Threads written after we took the database backup are missing & will never come back.
    Our own style in the old GPL4U doesn't work here, something we have to work on.

Comment

More than 3 months down...a huge disaster.

Continued from 11/28/2022...yeah, what went wrong?
      When we went to bed - early morning - yes, everything was up and running.
      We checked when we got eyes again...DOWN???
      We were in shock, but yes...another PHP update had been added & we couldn't do anything.

We worked in a panic with other Forums & with some we were close but never 100% ok with our database wanting to merge.
      That is: Members, Post...yes there were many errors.

Finally we can say we are back, but our own Forum style has been lost.?
      Edit:
      Amazing when you think about all the problems we've been through, our own GPL4U Forum style is almost back & was a minor problem to everything else.
      Of course, it has cost hours of work & we hope you like it.
      Last edited by Pelle_B; 27-04-23, 04:35.

Comment

Error right now:

Attached Files in all Post (We have them, but need to get them merged, maybe because we have changed domains)
        Edit:? (*Attached Files* Another thing that seems to be a success) ?
        The old gpl1967.dk is now dead (coming soon) & we are now running on gpl1967.net?
        Our GPL4U smilies. Edit: Close to
        Our nice old GPL4U Forum style is totally useless here, but we are working on something new.
        When written, it ends with a ? in Post ?
        Last edited by Pelle_B; 23-04-23, 04:31.

Comment

For example, YouTube videos can now be viewed in full screen in the Forum

Comment

Comment

Working...
            X